Friday, 6 September 2013

[nails] Green(berry) Stripes & Half Moons

Hey everyone, sorry for being so slow with updating at the moment! There's been a lot going on with preparing to start work at my new job as well as various family bits and pieces. Today I have some more nails for you, using two lovely polishes which are amazing colours on their own but may have been a mistake to put together...

Those of you who live in the UK will know how magical the Barry M Gelly range is, and Greenberry is no exception! I'd only used it in one mani before so I felt the urge to try it out again. I also picked up Sally Hansen Grass Slipper in Poundland a few weeks ago which I'd been hoping to find there - the RRP of the Complete Salon Manicure range is a bit steep for me so it's always a good day when you can grab one for £1! 

Now, as I said, these two are both so so beautiful on their own, but together... 


Bleh. I mean, it's not a complete abomination, but there're just something not quite right about the two colours together, right? 


I used striping tape to create both the striped accent nails and the half moons - I just curved it for the half moons. I had such high hopes for this mani but I only wore if for about a day because the colours freaked me out so much... 


Don't get me wrong though, I still adore these polishes and Grass Slipper is coming up in another mani post soon - but I'm not going to be using them together like this again! 

Katy xo

6 comments:

  1. These are two beautiful polishes! I've just used Grass Slipper in my current mani, and greenberry is a much-loved favourite of mine :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think these two colours look great together! Greenberry is one of my current favourites too :)

    I used Greenberry with Barry M Gelly in Key Lime a couple of weeks ago - it came out a bit subtler than your mani here; maybe you might like Greenberry better with a slightly softer green than Grass Slipper?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, either a softer green or a more gentle design I think - a gradient would probably look nice but I suck at smooth gradients :P

      Delete
  3. hmmmm.... maybe I'm crazy but, frankly speaking, I like this colour combo: your ring finager nail looks so nice with this stripping pattern on :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you! Nice to know that someone likes my design :)

      Delete