Sunday, 11 August 2013

Sunday Smile List #1

Hey guys, today I'm trying out something a little different on the blog today! I've been toying with the idea of starting a weekly favourites list for a while now, and I finally have the organisation skills and the time to be able to put one together. So each Sunday I'll be sharing a few things from the past week that made me smile, from the worlds of craft, nails, food, and general stuff. I hope you guys enjoy it. 



First up is possibly my all-time favourite nail polish, China Glaze's Fairy Dust. I've made a post about this one before, but I'm in love with it even more recently since I wore it on holiday. For the whole two weeks in the USA I wore it over naked nails and it was perfect - it didn't show chips too much and it wasn't too bright to clash with any outfits. Plus it meant I had some sparkle all the time, and who wouldn't want that?



This crochet cherry pie is too cute! The scalloped crust and the bobbles in the side pieces just make it so realistic, and the combination of crochet and food is ideal for me ;) 
You can find the free pattern here if you want to check it out. 


These are actually the shoes I wore for my graduation in July, but they were too nice not to share. They are so comfortable and not too formal to wear out on a regular day. Plus they're currently on sale so if any of you UK readers fancy a bargain... 


I found the most delicious-looking recipe on Tumblr this week - anyone fancy both cookies and brownies together? The recipe is from the glorious Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts blog, which you can find here


And finally, this beautiful, beautiful yarn by Drops. I'm using this in a work in progress lace wrap, using the top colourway in this photo which is unfortunately just named 'Purple', even though it's decidedly pink-toned. It's made from 70% baby alpaca and 30% mulberry silk and is sooooooo soft. Like, rub it against your face soft. 

Check back next week for another Smile List :)

Katy xo

No comments:

Post a Comment