Wednesday, 14 August 2013

[stitches] Chichester the Pig!

Hey everyone! Today I finally have my first Platypus Stitches post for you guys. I've been wanting to start this section of my blog for ages and now I've finally had the time to take some semi-decent pictures and put together a few posts. I'll mostly be featuring crochet and knitting, but also things like embroidery, cross-stitch, and hopefully dress-making soon!

For the very first Stitches post I thought I'd feature a really simple project that I saw the pattern for a couple of months ago and just had to try out: Chichester the Pig


This adorable pattern is by Helen from Apocalypse Knits and is so quick to knit - it took me about an hour from start to finish on my first Chichester and then 45 minutes for the subsequent ones. 

The image below is the first Chichester I made, and you can see I used a couple of scraps of black yarn to make the eyes. In the slightly darker yarn version above, I used seed beads instead, but I'm not quite sure which I prefer. Any thoughts?



You can see how little these guys are in comparison to the grass - about an inch long and just perfect to stick in your pocket. I love how detailed the pattern is for its size. 


And here's all three of the Chichesters I've made so far! I can tell I'll be making a whole load more in the future since they're so quick and great for using up scraps of yarn that aren't big enough for larger projects. 

If you're on Ravelry and want to check out my profile or project listing for the Chichesters, just click here :) 

Katy xo

No comments:

Post a Comment