Friday, 23 August 2013

[food] Apple Crumble Bars

How is everyone doing on this fine Friday night? I'm sure most of you are out partying but I took some time out of my busy night-life schedule (ha) to write up my first Platypus Food post for you all. I've mentioned the amazing Chocolate Covered Katie blog before and this recipe is one from her 'Bars and Blondies' section. I made them about two months ago and have been itching to make them again ever since, they're so tasty!

As a Brit and a lover of traditional puddings, apple crumble has to be one of my all-time favourite desserts. My mum makes a mean crumble, as did my grandma before her, so I tend to have pretty high crumble standards. When I found this recipe for putting my beloved dessert into Katie's Hot Apple Crumble Bars, I knew I had to try it. 


Here's all the ingredients needed for the bars - flour, cornflour, brown sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, milk, margarine, maple syrup, and apples. 


The mix consists of two parts. The first is the apple filling...


And the second is the delicious crumble crust. 


The apples are sandwiched in between the crust as I've shown above, and then the whole thing goes into the oven. 


Here's what it looked like when it came out! The smell of this baking filled the whole house with appley goodness. The bars came out moist and crumbly, with a good amount of yummy apple chunks in the centre. 


Luckily I managed to get this picture of the finished bars before my housemate and I devoured them all. You can see the lovely soft centre and crumbly crust here - both the texture and the taste were just gorgeous. Basically, this recipe is amazing and you should all try it!

Katy xo

No comments:

Post a Comment